|The perfect spring & summer dessert!|
This trifle reminds me that spring has arrived! This is a light dessert that will leave you wanting more. The smooth lemon curd is folded into the whipped cream to make a delicious creamy mousse with just the right amount of lemon flavor. The "secret ingredient", aka Limoncello is sprinkled on each layer of the pound cake and adds unbelievable flavor. This one is a winner!! Everyone who takes a bite is pleasantly surprised and thinks it's absolutely delicious. The picture doesn't really show how delicious this really is. I hope you give this one a try and I guarantee it will be a big hit at your next party!
|The secret ingredient!|
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh blackberries (I didn't use them this time but they are very good too)
- 1 jar of lemon curd (it doesn't matter which brand or exactly what size, it will range from about 8-14 oz)
- 3 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 prepared pound cake, sliced (I like Sara Lee!)
- 1/4 cup Limoncello or more!
1. Put the berries in a mixing bowl and toss them together so they are evenly distributed.
2. Fold the lemon curd into the whipped cream to lighten it up into a mousse.
3. Line a glass trifle bowl with a layer of berries than pieces of pound cake to fit.
4. Drizzle the cake with the Limoncello, spoon a layer of the mousse over the cake, and then a layer of mixed berries. Repeat the layers until the ingredients are used up, the last layer looks best if it's the berries. Chill before serving and best if chilled overnight.
|Perfect for a 4th of July celebration.|