It seems that Friday night has become fish night at my house. Probably because that's the day I go shopping. You can probably tell by now that I love fresh fish and who doesn't. Many people are afraid to make fish at home but I think it's the easiest kind of cooking to do. I like making a dinner that I can incorporate a vegetable all in one. It makes a pretty presentation and it always seems to be so much more flavorful when you cook everything together this way. This is a light dish but the hint of garlic, olive oil and wine give great flavor and make a nice broth.
- 2 pounds of haddock or cod
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 package of fresh baby spinach
- 5 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2+ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, parsley
- 2 Tbsp butter (optional)
1. In a large fry pan, saute spinach in olive oil. Add minced garlic and saute until just wilted.
2. In a baking dish, add spinach and than a layer of sliced tomatoes. Top with fish and add more sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle generously with the bread crumbs and than all the seasonings over the top. End with sprinkling the grated cheese on top.
3. Pour wine on the bottom of the baking dish, dot with butter and drizzle more olive oil over the bread crumbs.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes until tomatoes are soft, bread crumbs are browned and haddock is tender.