|Cauliflower Crust Pizza with onions and cheese.|
Yes, really.......this pizza was made with a cauliflower crust! I can't tell you how excited I am about this recipe. When I first saw this posted I thought the pizza looked so appetizing that I knew I had to give this a try.
I was a little skeptical but only because I didn't want to get my hopes up. I'm always trying to cut out a few carbs and I'm always craving pizza. I had all the ingredients on hand so I was happy to whip up an onion pizza, my favorite!
Well.... let-me-tell-you, this is surprisingly-unbelievably-amazingly good!!!
Pizza night is officially back!!!
|Cauliflower Crust Pizza....slices up beautifully.|
Makes one 9-10" pizza
Inspired recipe from Your Lighter Side
- 1/2 head of a large cauliflower (this will shrink to about 2+ cups after cooked)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, or cheeses of your choice
- Favorite pizza toppings
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Break the cauliflower into floret's and use a food processor or cheese grater to shred the cauliflower into little bits. It takes about 10-12 pulses in the food processor to get the right consistency, being careful not to over process and make a puree. Transfer to a large bowl and cook in the microwave, uncovered, for 8 minutes on high heat. It is not necessary to add water, the cauliflower will steam on it's own.
- Let the cauliflower cool slightly and mix in all remaining crust ingredients. Spray a pizza pan or sheet pan with non-stick spray liberally and spread out the mixture. Go for a pretty thin pizza, this will ensure crispiness. Spray the top lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the crust in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. It will get crispy and dark in many areas. Important tip: before you top the crust with toppings, be sure to take a large spatula and very gently loosen the bottom of the crust from the pan. This will prevent it from sticking as you cook it further.
- Top the crust with your favorite toppings and bake until cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes, and turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp the top to your liking.
|Pulse until little pebbles of cauliflower form. Than cook in the microwave.|
|Mix all ingredients together.|
|The consistency is easy to shape into a pizza.|
|The bottom crust crisps up nicely and holds the pizza together. Spread the pizza thin or you will be eating it with a fork.|
|Add a little sauce!|
|Add your favorite toppings. I used mozzarella but sometimes I mix cheeses together.|
|Onion Pizza with Cauliflower Crust ready for the oven.|
|Hot out of the oven. This is absolutely delicious!!!|
Check out all my tips and how my Margherita Cauliflower Crust Pizza came out!