Friday, October 21, 2011

Warm Cinnamon Apples



My first memory of warm cinnamon apples was in the little corner divider section of a Swanson TV dinner. I guess it was supposed to be the dessert, I was never quite sure. All grown up now, I realize it was a sweet side dish.
I've made so many apple dishes this season that this one was too easy to let pass by. It reminds me of the warm spicy cinnamon apples you can get at Boston Market. Here is my version, fresh, sweet and delicious!

Serves 4

Filling Ingredients
  • 3 apples, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp flour
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tbsp water
Directions
  1. In a medium sized sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter and add sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Let mixture melt together for 2-3 minutes.  
  2. Add sliced apples, combine and let cook until tender for approximately 8-10 minutes. Add a 1-2 Tbsp of water if you like a thinner consistency.
It's a great side dish with meat or something different to add to the Thanksgiving table! 

No comments:

Post a Comment