|Linguini with Clam Sauce|
- 1 pound thin linguini
- 1/4 cup olive oil (a little extra to drizzle over the top)
- 1 can of anchovies (they melt in the pan, you won't know they are there)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole baby clams, with their juice
- 1/2 fresh lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and the linguini and cook al dente, 7 minutes or so. The linguini will continue to cook in sauce, later.
- To a large skillet heated over medium heat, add oil, anchovies, garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook together until anchovies melt into oil and break up completely.
- Add wine and lemon to the pan and give the pan a shake. Add clams and their juice.
- Drain pasta and add it to the clam sauce. Toss and coat the pasta in sauce with clams until the pasta absorbs the flavor and juices, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt, add parsley and serve.