Monday, July 25, 2011

Cafe Salad with Gorgonzola and Spicy Grilled Shrimp


Cafe salad with mustard vinaigrette topped with Gorgonzola and spicy grilled shrimp.  

Once you make homemade salad dressing, you will never want to have bottled dressing again. It takes all of 2 minutes and it's so worth it. I bet you already have the ingredients on hand like I do. Honestly, it's so easy to make and it tastes so much better. I whisk all the ingredients together in the same bowl that I toss the salad in.  When I make this for a dinner party, I'll make the dressing ahead and place the lettuces on top until I am ready to toss and serve.

Mustard Vinaigrette 

  • 1/2 tsp of minced garlic or 1 clove
  • 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
  • Splash of soy sauce (Tamari soy is my favorite)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and than slowly add olive oil while whisking briskly. Add approximately 4 cups of mixed greens or two large handfuls on top and toss.

Toss salad with:
1/4 cup (or more!) of Gorgonzola cheese, broken into pieces
Purple onion, sliced
Tomato slices
Grilled shrimp with spicy seasoning


Tip: Skip the Gorgonzola crumbles and buy a nice wedge instead, it will make all the difference.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment