|Ramen Noodle Salad|
The perfect salad on a hot summer day. If you need a dish to bring to a potluck lunch or dinner, this is it! Great as a side dish or add chicken or shrimp for a main course. It's an old time favorite that people just go crazy over. This is a delicious crunchy salad with a crazy good sweet and tangy dressing. Best of all it's fast and easy and can be assembled ahead of time and tossed with the dressing right before serving.
- 16oz bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 packages of Ramen noodles, oriental flavor
- 2 onions, diced
- 3/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of unsalted sunflower seeds or sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1/4 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Season packets from the Ramen noodles
- Chop onion and add to coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
- Put the noodles in a large plastic bag and gently crush them into pieces. You can also use your fingers to crush them too but it's faster in a bag if you use a rolling pin and gently tap the noodles.
- Melt butter and saute the following until lightly browned, about 3 minutes: crushed noodles, seeds and almonds.
- To make the dressing: dissolve the sugar and vinegar in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Add the oil and soy sauce and mix together. The dressing can be refrigerated at this point.
- Toss everything together before serving.