It's hard to resist a warm fudgy brownie from the oven, especially when it's just a little bite. I bet you can't eat just one! This recipe uses brown sugar and mixes chocolate chips into the batter which gives these brownies a fudgy moist taste that's delicious. Use good chocolate like Ghirardelli for the best flavor. Throw out the box mixes, making brownies from scratch is worth the extra time. I brought these brownie bites to a party and they were immediately demolished.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chocolate bar and butter together in the microwave or over a low heat, stirring to combine until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, stir the chocolate mixture with the brown sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs and mix well.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, mixing well until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared tart pans. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on the top and bake for 15 minutes, until the tester comes out clean.
- If using an 8x8inch pan, bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tart pans or cutting into 2" squares.
|Use a small ladle to neatly spoon the mixture into the pans.|
|Add chopped walnuts on top before baking.|
|Let cool for 10 minutes so they don't break since they are small.|