|Sweet Apple Dessert Sauce|
It's Fall, the air has turned cool, crisp and I'm craving apples. It's amazing how one apple can turn into an amazingly sweet delicious dessert in just minutes. This is a quick, put together dessert that takes advantage of a single fresh apple or two.
I make this when I want a warm Fall comfort dessert and I don't have an apple pie on hand. This dessert does the trick. The slight hint of chocolate makes the flavors come together. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream and it's a match made in heaven.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp water or apple cider
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium/low and cook for another 5-7 minutes until thickened slightly (the consistency of a syrup). Watch to be sure it doesn't boil over.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly.