|Buffalo Chicken Rolls baked to perfection!|
Game day is approaching and I'm craving buffalo chicken! The challenge: make an appetizer with great flavor, that's easy to eat and not real messy for everyone.
The crispy wrappers hold all the goodness you crave from buffalo chicken. These little beauties are baked instead of fried so no guilt eating these little cigars. Grab some chicken, Wing It Buffalo Wing Sauce, blue cheese, coleslaw, and some egg roll wrappers and you are good to go. Make these ahead of time, you can even freeze them, and bake to crispy perfection when you are ready. Easy to eat and the perfect appetizer for the super bowl or any game day. Easy, fun and very delicious!
- 12 egg roll wrappers (roughly 4 square inches)
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken *see my tip below
- 3/4- 1 cup of Wing It Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup broccoli slaw or cole slaw (dry)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface. In a small bowl, combine cooked chicken and Wing It Buffalo Wing Sauce until well coated, using more or less sauce depending on your spice preference. The meat should be very moist with sauce.
- Place about a Tbsp of the broccoli slaw on the diagonal of the bottom right corner of one of the wrappers. Next, place 2 Tbsp of the shredded spicy chicken evenly on top of the slaw. Spoon 1 Tbsp of the blue cheese over the chicken. Do not overfill.
- Wrap like an envelope and bring the bottom right corner over the mixture so that it covers it completely. Fold the bottom left and right corners in and roll up like a cigar. Wet the top corner with a little water, using your finger, to moisten the wrap. Fold together to seal. Repeat with all remaining rolls. You can also roll these straight on, instead of starting from the corner. That how I did them this time.
- Set each roll on a greased baking pan, best if you use a rack. Spray each roll with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the rolls are crispy and turn a light golden brown.
|The broccoli slaw will soften as it bakes.|
|Divide ingredients between 12 wrappers.|
|Spray the tops with cooking spray to add shine and crispiness.|
|Crispy Buffalo Chicken Rolls|