|Party Hot Ryes|
The first time I tasted these delicious appetizers was from a recipe I found in a Neiman Marcus cookbook that was given to me as a gift from my sister many years ago. This cookbook is made up of a collection of recipes from everyday home cooks. It's not fancy, no pics either, but has been one of my all time favorites to get inspired from over the years.
I love reading all the stories behind each recipe and I have discovered some real gems that have become part of my go-to collection. I always thought this recipe for Party Hot Ryes was a winner and it's the perfect appetizer for a game day crowd. When you bite into the tasty, toasted edges of the dark rye and make your way to the melted mixture of cheese, bacon and olives,..well.....it's just a scrumptious combination.
Makes about 25 Party Ryes
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) ripe olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dark Party rye bread
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients, except bread.
- Spread on party rye bread and bake for 15 minutes until browned.
- These may be frozen after baking and reheated.
|If you can't find party ryes, buy pumpernickel bread and cut into quarters.|
|Mix everything together and chill until ready to use.|
|Make ahead of time until ready to bake. These can even be frozen.|