- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb dry lentils
- 8 cups water with 3 Knorr's Beef Bouillon cubes
- 1 cup of uncooked Tubettini pasta (or very small shaped pasta)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on low to medium heat and add the garlic, onions, carrots, and celery and saute until the vegetables are soft but not browned.
- Add the dry lentils and bouillon cubes and saute until the lentils begin to pop open a bit. This will take about 2-3 minutes. The bouillon cube will begin to breakdown and soften.
- Add the water and pasta and stir all together. Let the soup simmer together until the pasta is cooked.